Wednesday, January 18, 2012

project no facebook: days 9-12.

Day 9
4:00 pm
I'm currently sitting in Humanities 220. Words cannot explain how much I hate this class. I love the instructor- Mr. Haigler is awesome. But a three hour class on "the American Dream and if it really exists?...not for me. The entire school system frustrates me. Why on earth do I need to take college algebra, calculus, biology, or humanities to teach a seven year old what 2+2 is? I'm so ready to transfer and get started with the classes that will actually help me with my career.
On another note, the plans for PA are underway and for that I am totally ecstatic. Jordan even informed me today that she should still be there when I come up. Can you say mini reunion?!? The plan is to try and get a room at Jumonville and show my NC friends around. Hopefully this will entail a trip to the strip district, Kennywood, maybe a Pirate's game (since everyone knows their tickets are extremely cheap), and Cucumber Falls. Pennsylvania holds so many memories for me right now. To go and be able to make new (and better) memories with my friends will be an awesome thing. Keeping my fingers crossed that things continue to work out(:


Day 11
12:30 am
A prayer has been answered today already and I am so grateful to God for answering it.
As I was reading some scripture yesterday, I asked God to (as my room mate says) do His thing. This is what I got-


 1 Then Job replied to the LORD:
 2 “I know that you can do all things;
   no purpose of yours can be thwarted.
3 You asked, ‘Who is this that obscures my plans without knowledge?’
   Surely I spoke of things I did not understand,
   things too wonderful for me to know.
 4 “You said, ‘Listen now, and I will speak;
   I will question you,
   and you shall answer me.’
5 My ears had heard of you
   but now my eyes have seen you.
6 Therefore I despise myself
   and repent in dust and ashes.”

Job went through SO much, and yet he still trusted God in everything. It really makes me think about how trivial my issues are. Job lost everything- EVERY thing, and this man still gave God all the glory.
He also sets an awesome example. He questions God throughout the book, but not once does he blame God. Admittedly this has been hard not to do sometimes. We as humans don't want to take responsibility for what we've done (and the sin that others do that is naturally in the world), so we end up blaming God even if it's not really intentional. The point is that God knows what He's doing. There are going to be points in life that suck so bad and we don't even want to keep going. But He has a plan and we should never doubt that.
As this whole no facebook thing continues for the next month- I really hope and pray that He keeps revealing these lessons to me.
PS- Everyone who reads this should check this song out(:


Day 12
1:00 am
Well look what I ran across on Yahoo. I couldn't agree with this article more though. It's about facebook and happiness (or lack there of)- everyone read and comment?
http://news.yahoo.com/feeling-sad-facebook-could-cause-180318638--abc-news.html 

5 comments:

  1. hahaha all of those places were the ones that i thought of going to...except jumonville...btw im suuuupppppeeeerrrr excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying for you! Can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdlrcpzSL5Q

    check it out :)

    ReplyDelete