Tuesday, September 18, 2012

life update! 9-18-2012

Let's see...what's been going on in the life of Holly since I blogged last...
1) I moved my butt back to Raleigh and am loving every second of it. Not that I didn't enjoy being back in Jamesville, but it's nice to be home again. I've made some amazing friends up here and can't imagine my life any other way than it is right now. Plus, Stacey is here now. Which means our childhood goal of living near each other has actually been achieved. Now if school and work would go away maybe we could see each other more than once a month.

2) I got on a plane and flew across the country. Chyeah. I was absolutely terrified...not really. The first plane ride was pretty rough, and for some reason security scared the crap out of me...more so than the actual  being miles in the air with nothing under me deal. Just another completely explainable and strange Holly fact. 
Colorado was great though. I got to meet a lot of JP's friends and family. It's odd to me how you can go your entire life without knowing someone and then it's like you've known them your entire life. It changes things, that's for sure. It gives life in general an entirely new meaning. It's scary and wonderful all at the same time. More on the relationship later though (:

3) I started a new job at a daycare. I'm absolutely in love with the kids there and actually miss working on weekends. I can't believe my little boogers move up to another class in January! It's a ways off, but still...I'm attached. Teaching is so much more rewarding than anything I've ever done. Knowing you're making a difference in a child's life (even at their young ages) is just awesome. 

4) I started going back to the Summit and oh my goodness...JD Greear is one preaching man. I'm so grateful that a little over a year ago someone was put in my life to introduce me to that church. JD preached a really good "talk" (as JP calls them) on Sunday about God always having a plan, and He truly does. I've done so much reflecting since Sunday on the little intricate details of my life that have been placed together, and how vastly different my life would have been had I not gone through some of the things that happened. I've definitely seen how God has His hand on every aspect of my life. All I need to do is trust that He's got things worked out for my benefit, even if I don't always get to see it immediately. 

http://sermons.summitrdu.com/ <<<video from the summit! awesome(:

5) I dated this boy for half a year ;) And I can say without a doubt they've been the best of my life. I've never felt the completeness that I do now. It's crazy how much different a Christ-centered relationship is from the ordinary one. JP is an  absolutely amazing influence on me, and does nothing but enhance my life in every way. I have no clue what I did to deserve such a special person being in my life, but I'm sure glad he's here. I'm totally in love with him and his family. It's a dangerous spot to be in once you've been hurt a few times. But are you really living if you're scared of getting hurt all the time? Negative. I don't know what the future holds for either of us. But as for now, I'm grateful he's such a big part of my life.

1 comment:

  1. You don't do anything to deserve the people who love you. You just be who you are, and they love you. Because there's no way in the world I could deserve being with Kristen.

    ReplyDelete